Real Estate Investment Mentors – Should I Get One?
Two things are certain when we’re preparing to make important decisions. Firstly, we’ll change our minds about what to do more than once, and secondly, there will be plenty of people on hand to give us advice. Sometimes this advice can be useful and it will guide us to a better outcome, while at other times it will just be noise in your ear from someone who knows nothing more than you.
If you’re looking to invest in property, it’s important to talk to and learn from people who know what they’re talking about. This way you will be more likely to not only turn a profit, but also gain important knowledge for your future investments. Let’s look at the ins and outs of choosing a mentor now.
Not Just for Novices
While mentoring is a great entry point for people who are purchasing property investment, it’s just as useful for experienced clients who are hoping to reach their investment goals. Mentoring can suit a wide range of people, including those who want:
- To manage an investment but are in time-poor professions
- To learn from a highly educated professional so they can develop their skills for the future
- To build and manage a long term and/or diverse property portfolio
- A quality return on their investment through an unconventional strategy
The Advantages of an Investment Mentor
Establishing a great relationship with a mentor will be an investment of its own. A few reasons to turn to an investment expert include:
- Inside knowledge – whether to provide a launching point or to devise the finer details of your strategy, a mentor can provide tailored and specialty knowledge
- Dedicated services – many mentors can point you towards or even provide expert financial services, property management and much more
- Lasting education – a good mentor won’t just provide you with the answers, they will imbue you with knowledge that you can use in the future
- Wisdom with youth – an experienced real estate consultant can match their track record with the enthusiasm and commitment of young investors, helping early-20s investors to experience lasting success
- Doing the legwork – so much of investment is about research rather than execution, and a good mentor will be equipped and committed to helping you get prepared
Finding the Right Mentor
There are a range of consultants and so-called real estate experts out there so how do you find a mentor to help you?Search for an expert who is professional and committed, and one with a focus on education and a diversity in their services. For investment properties, it’s best to look for someone who specialises in both financial and real estate matters, as both of these are crucial to investment success.
If you’re looking for a real estate investment mentor around Brisbane, talk to the property consultants and financial experts at Astute Investments. Contact us today, or call 07 5530 8407 for a free consultation and to find out how we can help you.